Friday, November 1, 2013

Bicycle Drawing

When I first found out we had to draw part of a bicycle, I had a little breakdown. All I could think of was how whenever I try to draw something realistic, it doesn't turn out looking at all like the real thing. However, this drawing was different. I was so taken aback when I saw how realistic the drawing that had I created seemed. Sometimes when I'm drawing during some of my free time, I'll look at a picture and at first, I'll try to copy the picture, but as I continue to work, I'll put the picture away and draw freely. I think the reason I didn't have as much trouble with the bike picture is because I actually got to look at a real picture of what I was drawing, and because I kept trying to stay positive throughout the drawing and shading process. When I realized I was supposed to draw part of a bike, my first instinct was to say how there was no way I would be able to do it, but I stopped myself and thought about how if I really try hard, I'll be able to pull it off, and
 that's exactly what I did! I tried to pay as much attention to detail that I could, and the concepts and processes of shading and composition with the graphite pencils didn't seem like as much of a challenge as they had when I first took this art class. I'm really proud of how my drawing came out, and I can't wait to see what else I get to draw this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment