Friday, November 1, 2013

Black and White vs Color

So far this year, we have done one drawing with graphite pencils that was black and white, and one drawing with colored pencils. While the graphite pencils allowed better shading and composition for the bicycle drawing, the colored pencils made the candy really "pop" and stand out. I can't really choose which one I prefer to use more; I guess it just depends on what is being drawn. In my opinion, using the graphite pencils makes a drawing look more  "sophisticated," while the colored pencils add value and make a drawing look more realistic. 
Drawings look realistic with the graphite pencils, don't get me wrong, but the. color presented with the colored pencils that make the drawing really stick out and catch someone's attention. But as I said before, it all really depends on what is being drawn and how the artist wants people to see the drawing. I feel like if color was added to the bicycle drawing or the candy was black and white, it just wouldn't look right. I don't know, that's just how I feel about it. But I'm really proud of my progress and accomplishments as an artist so far this year, and I really can't wait to see what other creations we will be making throughout the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment